Yesterday was my last day of work at the Pasco School District. In some ways, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. In other ways, much harder. For the past two weeks I have been training my replacement, so in terms of my actual work load it wasn't hard. I was ready to turn it all over to her and move on. Relationships was a different story. After working there for four years, it was hard to say 'goodbye' to all my friends. Especially Lorraine - with whom I have worked closely. We do practically everything together in terms of work and even joke that we are like a married couple - to the point where we finish each other's sentences! I know, a little weird for coworkers, yeah? But that's because we're more than co-workers. Over the past four years we have become very close friends. We share ups and downs and really care for each other. It has been blessing working with Lorraine. I know we will stay in touch. I will still see her, so it wasn't a "sad, never see you" goodbye, but it was the realization that I will no longer sit ten feet from her every work day.
I was so fortunate to work at PSD. I felt like it was a blessing and I gained invaluable work and leadership experience. I honed skills I didn't know I had (public speaking, presenting, event planning) and developed an appreciation for learning new skills that I still need to work on (organization for one!). I got the opportunity to work with an amazing person and do amazing things! We saw schools succeed and pull off non traditional family involvement events and saw parents step into leadership roles and come alive. Together we coordinated trainings, Emceed events and laughed along the way as we encountered new obstacles (Ok, more like laughed afterwards). I will miss it dearly and always treasure my time there. It was a blessing! And, my prayer is that this isn't the last picture Lorraine & I take together.

1 comment:
what a sweet picture! :)
Post a Comment